When beginning shopping for a stainless steel sink or a granite sink which should it be? There are many good and bad features to each sink. Granite is very durable because it comes from one large piece of stone. Every piece is unique and looks different from the next. Granite doesn’t stain easily at all and is heat-resistant. People have been worried about putting granite in kitchen cause of their fragility. But “If you
know how to care for your stone sink, it will last for a hundred years.”
Stainless steel sinks on the other hand have been around for a very long time. We all know how durable they are and how easy they are clean up. They blend with many colors and there affordable for everyone’s budget. They don’t chip, or stain, or tarnish. Just like granite sinks they are also heat resistant. Some of the defaults are that they scratch, get dull over time and are only available in one color.
Some questions to ask before purchasing a sink are:
• Do you want a sink with a single bowl or a double bowl?
• Do you want one with a soap dispenser? A hot water dispenser? A
filtered water dispenser?
• How do you plan to mount your sink: top mount or under mount
• Do you want a sink that is built in to your countertop?
• How deep do you need your sink to be?
• Do you want something custom?
Like us on Facebook