(Aristocraft bristone styrine) A black plastic piping used for waste, vent, and drain lines.

Access Panel
A removable opening in a wall or ceiling that allows you to access plumbing or electrical without hassle.

A chemical substance (typically, a corrosive or sour-tasting liquid) that neutralizes alkalis, dissolves some metals, and turns litmus red.

A fittings used to connect different types of pipe together.

Aerators are various devices used for aeration, or mixing air with another substance, such as soil or water.

Angle Stop
A shutoff that has a 90 degree angle. These are used to isolate the area where your working instead of turning the entire home off.

Backflow Preventer
Is used to protect water supplies from contamination or pollution. Prevents water in one system not to be able to get into another system.

Overflowing of water threw a plumbing fixture due to a drainage block.

Backwater Valve
Device in the sewer line that prevents sewage from flowing back into the house.

Ball Valve or Gate Valve
A valve that opens and closes to secure a tight seal to stop the flow of water.

Basin Wrench
I specialized tool to design to take off the nuts that hold the faucet to the sink. They are used for hard to reach areas that regular wrenches can’t reach.

Basket Strainer
A basket that has holes in it that allows water to pass threw and holds back any other material before possibly clogged and getting into the sewer system.

Bathroom Sink
I unit it which a person washes their hands. Also, a container for holding water.

A large container for holding water in which a person may bathe. A bathtub is usually placed in a bathroom either as a stand-alone fixture or in conjunction with a shower.

Bidets are primarily used to wash and clean the genitalia area. They may also be used to clean any other part of the body such as feet.

To open the valve at the end of the pipe to release any pressure of air or water.

A blow bag is a heavy duty rubber bladder that attaches to a hose, is inserted into a drain and uses water pressure to clear a clogged drain. It expands against the pipe and forces the clog to pass through the pipe.

Any part of a drain system other than the main or stack.

BTU (British Thermal Unit)

A type of pipe fitting, usually liquid or gas tight, which covers the end of a pipe. A cap is used like plug, except that the pipe cap screws or attaches on the male thread of a pipe or a nipple. A cap may have a solvent weld socket end or a female threaded end and the other end closed off.

Check Valve
A type of backflow preventer installed in a pipe run that allows water to flow in only one direction.

Cleanout Plug
A plug in a trap or drain pipe that provides access for the purpose of cleaning & stops from leaking water or sewage into your home.

Another term used for a toilet.

Closet Auger
A tool used to get around the bends inside a toilet to unclog unit. Also, is harmless to the toilet.

Common Vent
Building drain system vertical vent which connects two or more fixture branches on the same level.

Commonly used for water lines. It comes in various sizes and also was used for drain line years ago.

A coupling connects two pipes to each other. If the size of the pipe is not the same , the fitting may be called a reducing coupling or reducer, or an adapter. By convention, the term “expander” is not generally used for a coupler that increases pipe size; instead the term “reducer” is used.

CPVC (Chlorinated Polyvinyl Chloride)
Rigid plastic pipe used in water supply systems, where code permits.

Dip Tube
Tube inside the water heater that sends cold water to the bottom of the tank.

Discharge Tube
Outlet tube that connects a disposer or sump pump to the drain line.

Dishwasher Tailpiece
A flanged adapter connecting a basket strainer to the drainpipe with a dishwasher inlet.

Directs water to various outlets.

Drum Trap
An obsolete, non-vented lead drain or cast iron trap used originally on bathtubs.

An elbow is a pipe fitting installed between two lengths of pipe or tubing to allow a change of direction, usually a 90° or 45° angle, though 22.5° elbows are also made.

via- Wikipedia


%d bloggers like this: